1 TB Butter
3 Shallots, minced
3 bunches flat-leaf spinach, roughly chopped
coarse salt and ground pepper
8 oz Gruyere cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
2 pre-made pie crusts
8 Large Eggs
3 cups half-and-half
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add shallots, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add as much spinach to skillet as will fit; season with salt and pepper, and toss, adding more spinach as room becomes available until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Transfer spinach mixture to a colander, Press firmly with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Divide spinach mixture and cheese between prepared crusts. Place each crust on a separate rimmed baking sheet.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, nutmeg, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Dividing evenly, pour egg mixture into crusts.
5. Bake until center of each quiche is just set, 55-60 minutes.
6. Let the quiches stand for 15 min before serving. Or cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate up to 1 day. Reheat at 350 degrees until warm in the center, 30-40 minutes.
This recipe is from Martha Stewart! Love her!